Jan. 09, 2017
Last week we talked about the characteristics and shapes of hot blast furnace refractory brick. This week we are going to introduce the masonry structure of hot blast furnace refractory brick at arch top、conical part and lattice brick, and we hope it will help the kiln constructers.
1.The masonry structure of hot blast furnace refractory brick at arch top
1) As the prevention measure for the red-hot iron is spraying unshaped refractory materials at high temperature of the metal surface.
2) Setting up the compressible ceramic fiber-filling layer between the insulating refractory brick and the unshaped refractory material to absorb the thermal expansion of the crown refractory brick and the expansion of the radius direction of the crown.
3) In order to ensure the structural stability of the dome, the refractory brick should have a certain thickness, at the same time; ladder shaped refractory bricks should be used.
4) Refractory brick joints should be small, such as 1mm, to prevent the deceasing strength of brick joints.
2.The masonry structure of hot blast furnace refractory brick at conical part
1) Making the ladder shape to get the construction stability.
2) The thermal expansion of hot blast furnace refractory brick is absorbed by the expansion joint between the refractory brick and the adiabatic rotating. The size of the expansion joint shall be equal to the amount of theoretical expansion of the horizontal and vertical directions.
3) The hot blast furnace refractory brick at the conical part is arranged on the lower part of the metal support bracket of the conical iron sheet.
3.Lattice brick structure:
1) The masonry Lattice brick is an independent structure without the lateral support of the regenerator. Therefore, there is a sufficient gap between the sidewalls and lattice tiles, while the lattice brick masonry should in accordance with the following figure.
2) The upper and lower lattice bricks are designed to form a concave and convex combination to prevent the horizontal movement of the checker bricks.
CCEWOOL hot blast furnace refractory bricks with 40 years of production experience. Manufactured according to ASTM & JIS standards. Temperature arrange from 1250C - 1520C, according to different applications and industry sectors to provide a full range of fire - resistant insulation materials and furnace solutions. Hope it is helpful.